Applications are accepted via the online application system only.
After you have been nominated by your home institution, you will receive an email with instructions on how to enter and use the application system.
Application deadlines for academic year 2021-2022:
1. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The Office of International Relations reviews all applications to make sure everything is in order before sending them onto the department(s) to which you are applying. Incomplete or incorrectly filled out applications will be returned to you for revision.
Please note: Once you have made the changes or additions, you must load all of your documents tp into the system again.
**Please note: There is no application fee.
Important note: The courses you choose for the online application are *only* to give the departments an idea of what subjects interest you. The online application system is completely separate from the university's registration system. Registration for actual classes takes place after you have arrived at Boğaziçi.
Departments and courses
Exchange students may apply to as many as 3 departments. When you are nominated by your university for the exchange program, the BU Office of International Relations creates an account for you in the online system based on the agreement. When you go to make your course selection, you will be shown only those departments that are part of the agreement.
You may apply to as many as 3 departments. List the department you would most like to be accepted by as "1" in the system, the next most as "2," and the third as "3."
In the online application, in the section titled "Details of the Proposed Study Program Abroad," list at least two courses from each of the departments to which you are applying. While you only submit one application, a copy of that application is automatically sent to each other the departments to which you are apply. If the committee of a department sees that you have not listed any of their courses for them, most likely they will pass on your application.
Please keep in mind that international students cannot take courses from executive and other graduate programs. The code names of these courses are as follows: ASIA-ASIL, EF, ADEX, MIR, INCT, and BIS.
When you submit your application, it first goes to the Office of International Affairs, which will check to make sure that you have at least two courses for each department. If you do not have enough classes listed, your application will be sent back to you for revision.
You can list more than two courses for each department.
ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System)
To review ECTS credits, go to the University's registration webpage -->General Services -> ECTS credits -> select the relevant department.
Because course the schedules for the upcoming semester are not available until just before the semester begins, for the application, you will make your course selecitons from the catalog of the previous term’s schedule. Please keep in mind that this is just for the application. Do not worry about course times.
Steps to Follow on Website: Course Registration Page--> General Services -> Schedule -> Find Date of Previous Term-> GO
2. APPLICATION REVIEW
Once your application has been received by the Office of International Relations, the following procedures takes place:
1. The application is reviewed by our Office. If an application is incorrectly filled out or missing any parts, your application will be returned to you along with an explanation of how it needs to be revised. Make the changes and re-submit your application, including all documents.
2. When your application is complete, it is sent to the department to which you have applied.
3. Evaluation of applications by the departments. Please note: Only the departments are qualified to make decisions regarding the acceptance of application for Exchange students. The Office of International Relations has no involvement in candidate selection. The selection of students depends on the following criteria:
3. THE RESULTS WILL BE SENT TO YOU
You will receive notice of your acceptance 4-7 weeks after all applications have been sent to the departments for evaluation. If you are accepted, a letter of acceptance will be sent to you via email. A hard copy of the letter will be sent to the coordinator at your university by regular post. If your application is not accepted, both you and your coordinator will be informed by e-mail.
Please note: Applicants are not considered to have been accepted until they have received their official letters of acceptance.
4. AFTER ACCEPTANCE
Once you have been accepted, our Office will send you a letter with the details about the documents you need to prepare for travel, and what to expect when you arrive in terms of Orientation, registration, and application for the Residence Permit.
1. Our Office will send you a letter with the details about documents you need to prepare for travel, and what to expect when you arrive in terms of Orientation, registration, and application for the Residence Permit.
2. Before you leave your home country, you must complete pre-registration so that you appear in the University's main computer system for registration, and your Student ID card can be prepared. Directions for how to enter the pre-registration system are provided in the acceptance letter.
Documents required for pre-registration: