Call For 2016-2017 Erasmus+ Student Mobility For Traineeship
The applications for participating in the Erasmus+ Student Mobility for Traineeship program for the 2016-2017 term may be submitted to the Office of International Relations (OIR), Boğaziçi University during May 6, 2016 – May 27th, 17:00 hrs.
For this call, the final quotas and allocations will be determined by the ÜYK before the end of this call. The tentative quotas are as follows:
1. For candidates from the Faculty of Education planning to spend time as teacher trainees at an educational institution in the first year after their graduation (the "Comenius Program" of Erasmus), maximum 10 months of funding, with a maximum of 5 months of funding per student.
2. For all undergraduate students except those cited above, maximum 40 months of funding, with a maximum of 3 months of funding per student.
3. For all graduate students, maximum 10 months of funding, with a maximum of 3 months of funding per student.
The participants must spend at least 2 months at the host organization/institution and should complete their activities no later than June 30, 2017.
The funding allocation is currently not finalized by the National Agency (NA) and as such no funding is guaranteed. We expect the funding issue to be resolved towards the end of June at the latest. The grants to be provided per month per country are published in the Erasmus handbook prepared by the NA. Those students who satisfy the minimum conditions and wish to attend the program without requesting any funding are welcome to do so.
The applicants will be ranked according to their GPAs, language skills and the details of their applications (such as the relevance of their proposed activities) for grant allocation. The Erasmus Traineeship Points (ETP) that will be used in ranking the applications will be calculated as follows:
ETP = M*(AP+LP)-10*(prior Erasmus participations)
where M = 1 for mandatory/Comenius traineeships and M = 0.9 for all others, academic points AP = 12.5*GPA, language points LP = 50, 48 or 46 depending on the BÜEPT Proficiency grade.
Available funds will be allocated depending on the ranking; all those applicants who are not initially funded will be considered in the wait list. Funds that become available due to cancellations will be allocated as per stipulated by the ÜYK decision.
- You must be currently registered as a student at BU.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two regular semesters (remedial and prep excluded) with a minimum GPA of 2.20.
- Graduate students must have completed at least one regular semester (remedial and prep excluded) with a minimum GPA of 2.50.
- The students must provide proof of proficiency in the language of the country they will be visiting (except English speaking countries). In case the host institution requires only English and explicitly states this condition in the invitation letter sent to the student, no proof of proficiency will be requested.
APPLICATION FORMS TO BE SUBMITTED
Erasmus+ Traineeship Application Form - completed, with a picture, and signed.
- Official invitation letter from the company/institution/organization you are planning to visit. The letter should be printed on official letterhead, stamped and signed, and should include the planned dates and the language requirement(s).
- A letter from your academic advisor in support of your application and explaining (i) the direct relevance of your proposed visit to your academic studies, (ii) whether or not this traineeship will be considered part of your mandatory training. The applications of those students whose proposed traineeships have no direct bearing on their academic program/education will not be taken into consideration.
- A copy of your up-to-date transcript.
- A letter from the Registrar's Office or YADYOK, specifying your procifiency grade.
- For non-English language requirements: A proof of proficiency in the language required in the form of one or more of the following:
- A copy of your high school diploma, provided that your high school provides such proficiency in the language required,
- To have completed the 202 level BU course for the language required,
- A certificate from a reputable and well established institution (e.g. Goethe Institute, Cervantes Institute, etc) indicating that you have (at least) B1 level proficiency in the language required.
Please do consult the Erasmus+ Traineeship Guide for BU Students for more information.
Office of International Relations, Boğaziçi University