How to register with the SGK for degree students whose countries have an agreement with the Republic of Turkey

Before you come to Turkey, contact your health insurance office and have them prepare a document called the Medical Assistance Entitlement Certificate.

Registration with the SGK
After you have registered with the University for classes-- but before you have applied for the Residence Permit-- you can go to the General Health Services Office (SGK). They will register you in the system and give you two copies of a document that states you have been registered. One of these copies is for the Immigration Office, the other is for you to keep.

Documents to take with you:

  • Original passport
  • Passport copy (main page)
  • Student Certificate
  • The Medical Assistance Entitlement Certificate from your home country's health insurance company stating the code number of the agreement between the two countries.