We are delighted that you are considering Boğaziçi University for your studies.
The Office of International Relations at Boğaziçi University acts as a liaison between your home institution and Boğaziçi University from the day you apply until the completion of your exchange period.
By definition, an exchange student at Boğaziçi University is a non-degree student who is enrolled as a full time student at a partner University. Most of our programs with European partner institutions are covered under the Erasmus+ program. The remaining ones are conducted according to bilateral reciprocal exchange agreements with partner institutions around the world.
Once you get here, our Office is the main point of contact for you when you have any requests or questions about the administrative and academic units within the University. We also guide our students through the procedures required for obtaining a residence permit from the Republic of Turkey. Please visit us whenever you feel like you need help, or simply just to say “hello."
We know that all students have their own criteria when choosing a university, but here are some key factors about Boğaziçi that you may wish to keep in mind:
- Boğaziçi University is an elite research university, with outstanding undergraduate and graduate programs in the natural and social sciences, humanities, engineering, education, and applied disciplines. The flexibility of its academic programs, the wide range of courses offered, and the emphasis on interdisciplinary curricula are significant advantages that characterize and distinguish the institution.
- Boğaziçi University’s high standards in education and research are acknowledged throughout the world. Its excellent and well-deserved academic reputation attracts the best students in the country. Most of the students admitted to undergraduate degree programs are ranked in the top one half of one percent of the more than 2 million Turkish students seeking admission to university annually.
- Boğaziçi’s faculty members have doctoral degrees from top North American and European institutions, and its scholars have the highest number of cumulative citations among all Turkish universities based on the Thomson Reuters “Web of Knowledge” database.
- Boğaziçi is endorsed by the European Universities Association (EUA) and all departments of the Faculty of Engineering have been accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering Technology (ABET) since 1998.
- The language of instruction at Boğaziçi is English. However, you can learn many languages while you are here as the languages taught at Boğaziçi University include Turkish, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Latin, Persian, Ancient Greek, Modern Greek, Armenian, and Korean.
- Boğaziçi University takes pride in its lively and colorful campus life. To complement and enrich the academic experience with an active campus life, the university supports student clubs, arts, and sports activities, and provides a variety of services from health care to counseling for students and staff. Campus life aims to cultivate a liberal, democratic and joyful Boğaziçi community. For more information, please click here.