National University of Singapore (NTU) Summer Sesion 2018
The future is hot in Asia! Spend a summer in Singapore, a perfect 'soft landing' in the heart of booming Asia-Pacific region and a springboard to explore the many cultures and languages in the surrounding countries around Singapore! NTU's unique summer programme will bring you an unforgettable summer education.
Please visit the following websites for additional information about:
- 6 weeks program: 18 June – 27 July 2018
- 4 weeks program: 2 July - 27 July 2018
To be eligible, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university;
- Have attained a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0/5.0;
- Have achieved TOEFL scores – minimum 570 (paper) or 90 (internet) and/or IELTS – minimum 6 for writing sub-test*
* Not applicable to students from universities with English as the medium of instruction.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES:
Please submit the following documents to the Office of International Relations by March 16, 2018 Friday for the nomination process:
- Statement of Purpose (in English)
- Official transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
After you document submission to our office, you will need to apply for the program personally by April 20, 2018
- Complete the online application with required materials listed here
- Mailing of application materials is not required
- Receive an Offer Letter of Enrolment and e-Welcome package via email
- Accept Offer and make payment
GEM Trailblazer Summer is tailored to prepare global talents to be future-ready for the Asian century. With more than 30 courses offered, the programmes are designed to be rigorous yet exciting. Choose from 5 different tracks and get a summer experience unlike any others!
Please note that Students may take a maximum of 2 courses within a track or across tracks. However, students need to check the course schedule to prevent any clashes between the courses.
Track 1: Chinese Language and Cultural Studies: Designed to equip students with basic Chinese language skills, this track is ideal for beginners with no prior knowledge or for those who had studied basic Chinese and would like to enhance their proficiency.
- CF9001 : Confucius Institute Basic Chinese Language & Chinese Cultural Studies
- Part 1 : Basic Chinese Language
- Part 2 : Chinese Cultural Studies
Track 2: Entrepreneurship and Innovation Asia: This track aims to equip students with fundamental entrepreneurship competencies and business acumen through interactive learning environments, real-time simulations as well as dialogues with business leaders, entrepreneurs and academics.
- ET9131 : Entrepreneurship & Marketing for New Ventures
- ET9132 : Entrepreneurial Accounting & Finance
Track 3: Creative Design and Media: Through this series, students can develop their own creative voice; acquire knowledge of the media landscape; embark on visual journalism and broaden their global perspectives in design skills.
- AAR23C : Film Studies
- HZ9205 : Exterior Worlds - Writing for Films
- HZ9202 : Prose (Fiction) - Voyages in Fiction
- HL2020 : World Poetry - Embodied Senses through Multimedia Ekphrasis
- CS0204 : Basic Media Writing
- AAA18K : Communication Design
- AAA28Q : Interactive Art
- CS2044 : Photojournalism
- AAE28B : Introduction to Children's Literature
- AAR10C : Singapore and the Region In Literature
- AAH33J : The 19th Century World of Southeast Asia
- DA9007 : Designing from Asian Point of View
- DA9008 : Animation - The Asian Perspective
- AAA18D : Life Drawing
- AAA18E : Drawing
- AAA18H : Painting with Oil Acrylics
- AAA18J : Painting with Watercolours
Track 4: Success in the Globalised Marketplace: This diverse range of courses offers students insights into critical skillsets such as cultural intelligence and leadership skills that are required to succeed in the global marketplace.
- BM2506 : Digital Marketing - Connecting with Customers in Today’s World
- AB0602 : Communication Management Strategies
- BU8641 : Cultural Intelligence : How to be an Explorer of the World
- BU8642 : Leadership in the 21st Century
- AAM18G : History of Mathematics I
- BU8501 : Marketing for the 21st Century
- BU8201 : Business Finance
- BU8101 : Accounting - A User's Perspective
- BU8601 : Fundamentals of Management
Track 5: New Technologies, New World: This track introduces the world of 3D printing, bioprinting and their applications in the real world; with exciting courses on energy and cyber security being added recently!
- MA9031 : 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing
- MA9030 : Bioprinting : Principles and Applications
- MA9032 : Standards and Laser in 3D Printing
- MA9001 : Introduction to Energy
- EE8084 : Cyber Security
NTU offers 100% tuition fee-waiver to 4 Bogazici University students. Fee-paying students from Bogazici University will receive a 60% discount of NTU GEMTrailblazer Summer Tuition Fees. Nominated exchange students are exempted from tuition fees but are still required to make payment for the administrative and material fees.
Please visit this page for exact figures.
For more information, please visit NTU's official website www.ntu.edu.sg/summerNTU.
To contact NTU officials for further details, please email to summerNTU@ntu.edu.sg