Qualification for status as international student
- Foreign nationals
- Foreign nationals who hold dual citizenship
- Foreign nationals who have acquired Turkish citizenship
Citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC)
- TRNC citizens who reside in TRNC and have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system in TRNC
- TRNC citizens who registered for and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010
Citizens of the Republic of Turkey
- Turkish citizens by birth who have renounced their Turkish citizenship by permission of the Ministry of Interior
- Turkish citizens whose parents have renounced their citizenship and are named in the renunciation of their parents, but have a permit allowing them the rights of a Turkish citizen.
- Turkish citizens who attended secondary school abroad before 1 February 2013, and completed the last three years of their secondary education abroad in a country other than the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- Turkish citizens who have completed their whole secondary education in a Turkish institution established abroad by the Turkish Ministry of Education, with the exception of those in TRNC
- Turkish citizens who started their secondary education abroad after 1 February 2013 who will have completed their entire high school education abroad. This includes students who have completed their whole secondary education in Turkish institutions established abroad by the Turkish Ministry of Education in a country other than TRNC.