Stanford Summer School for Boğaziçi Students
Stanford University Summer International Honors Program (IHP) students are selected by their home university to attend an eight-week program on the Stanford campus. This year, IHP students will come from 20 different universities in 14 countries around the world. The program combines top-notch academics with extracurricular activities that explore the rich cultural, social and geographical resources of the San Francisco Bay Area. The IHP experience is invaluable, especially for students who choose to pursue graduate or professional training in the United States.
As a part of IHP, you’ll have the opportunity to earn credit at one of the most competitive universities in the United States. Build your own schedule from more than 175 courses offered by 35 departments within the schools of Humanities and Sciences, Earth Sciences, and Engineering. Summer courses feature smaller class size, accessible instructors, and a diverse student body.
SSIHP participants should send questions to: email@example.com.
All Boğaziçi students with a minimum GPA of 3.00 (3.50 for graduate students) can apply to this program through the Office of International Relations at Boğaziçi.
The application package should contain the items listed below and should be delivered to the Office of International Relations no later than 15 February 2017, 17:00.
- A statement of purpose
- Current transcript (graduate students should submit their undergraduate transcripts as well)
- Curriculum Vitae
There will be a screening and selection process at Boğaziçi. The students will be responsible for tuition, travel and living expenses (see below for costs).
Terms and Conditions for Summer Session 2017
A. Summer Session Program Timeline
Student selection list emailed to Summer Session IHP Coordinator: March 1
Visa documents received by IHP Coordinator: Before March 17
Students are not able to register for courses until all documents have been
received and a Stanford ID number has been generated.
Axess opens for course registration: April 9
Students must complete the application, submit all visa documents, and receive a Stanford ID number before they will have the ability to register for courses.
Submit Housing application: early May
Move-in: June 24 (Saturday)
First day of instruction: June 26 (Monday)
Final examinations: August 18 and August 19 (Friday and Saturday)
Move-out: August 20 (Sunday)
B. Price and Payment Conditions
The estimated costs* for IHP
Tuition: 8 Units Undergraduate: $8,416; 8 Units Graduate: $10,260
** 20% reduction for 8 units (maximum) = $1,683 undergraduate tuition
scholarship; = $2,052 graduate tuition scholarship
Housing for 8 weeks: On-Campus Residence: $2108 (estimated)
Dining for 8 weeks: 14 Meals Per Week: $1,503
Health Insurance (Cardinal Care): $1,242
May be waived with approved documentation.
Campus Health Services Fee: $203
Document Fee: $125
Telecom Fee: $67
House Dues: $75
Approximate estimated total: Undergraduate $11,600 or Graduate $13,000
Note: Estimated total does not include travel, textbooks, or personal expenses.
*Fees may be subject to change. Further detail about fees and expenses is available at the Summer Session website.
C. Program Features
- Welcome reception
- Academic orientation and ongoing tutoring for many courses
- Social and cultural activities, including field trips
- Information about graduate programs at Stanford
- 24 hour internet access including email accounts at Stanford University
- Access to Stanford’s world-class athletic facilities including swimming pools, tennis courts, fully equipped gymnasiums, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and an eighteen-hole golf course (golf requires an additional fee)
- Housing ( Double occupancy room accommodations on-campus & Housing includes bed, desk, wardrobe, and access to laundry facilities)
- Dining (14 meals per week plan)
Costs Do Not Include:
- Transportation to or from home country or any other point of departure
- to or from Stanford University
- Additional units elected by the student
- Additional meals
- Silicon Valley Innovation Academy (SVIA) (Explorer: $600 & Enterprise: $1,200)
- Books and supplies
- Local transportation
- Application fee paid by student to the Summer Session Office at time of application: $50 I-20 processing fee paid by student directly to the Summer Session Offic during the application process: $100
- SEVIS and Visa fees paid directly by student when applying for a Visa