Stanford University Summer Session 2018
During Stanford University’s Summer Quarter, students from the United States and around the globe are invited to spend eight or nine weeks living and learning in the heart of Silicon Valley. You will have the opportunity to earn credit and a Stanford University transcript at one of the most competitive universities in the world.
Choose from more than 170 courses offered by 40 departments within the schools of:
By balancing challenging academics with a rich menu of educational and social activities, you’ll have a learning experience that’s truly transformative. If admitted to the Summer Session program, you can participate as a residential or commuter student. Regardless, all students may take advantage of the resources available to registered Stanford students, including access to athletic facilities, libraries, academic support, and more. For more information about a summer at Stanford, please visit the Student Life section.
Summer courses feature a smaller class size, accessible instructors, and a diverse student body with students from over 30 different countries.
The Summer Session application will open in early December 2017. Admission is a selective process, and applications are reviewed in accordance to the Application Deadlines listed in the Admissions section. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program (June 23, 2018).
- Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency section on the International Students page.
- Have graduated from high school, secondary school, or an equivalent.
- UNDERGRADUATES: Have successfully completed at least one term of college or university courses following graduation from high school prior to applying. (Students who have already graduated from college or university are also eligible.)
- GRADUATES: Have graduated or have completed your requirements from your university or post-secondary institution. You do not need to be currently enrolled in a graduate program to be eligible.
In addition to submitting an online Summer Session application, students must upload an unofficial transcript for all colleges or universities attended, and compose a short personal statement in response to a specific question. International students may be required to supply a TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge Exam Score.
For more information, visit the Admissions section in the main menu.
Saturday, June 23 – Sunday, August 19
Visit following links for further details on:
Please visit the website for further details: http://summer.stanford.edu/about/