Taiwan International Graduate Program
Over 100 Fully Funded PhD Scholarships Available in Taiwan’s Preeminent Academic Institution - Academia Sinica
Academia Sinica’s Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP@AS) provides over 100 funded PhD scholarships in 12 interdisciplinary programs ranging from physical sciences, life sciences to social sciences and the humanities. TIGP@AS is now accepting applications around the world from now on to February 1st 2020 (GMT+8). You are also welcomed to visit TIGP website (http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/).
[TIGP@AS’s 12 PhD programs]
TIGP@AS currently offers 12 interdisciplinary PhD programs. To learn more about a specific academic field, please proceed to the program’s website as follows:
1-Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
2-Molecular Science and Technology
3-Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
4-Molecular and Cell Biology
6-Nano Science and Technology
8-Earth System Science
11-Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
12-Social Network and Human-Centered Computing
- TIGP is under the supervision of Academia Sinica, a government-funded research institution as the national academy of sciences and the policy think tank, with 7 current Academicians and 9 Honorary Academicians as Nobel Laureates.
- TIGP, in cooperation with 11 top research universities in Taiwan, including National Taiwan University (Rank #1 in Taiwan), provides all-English teaching and research environment, superior scientific training and cutting-edge facilities and technologies.
- TIGP offers a stipend which is about USD $1,100/month (NTD 34,000/month) to each student admitted to the program for the first year (For students who perform well, this stipend will be extended in the 2nd and the 3rd year. In subsequent years, financial support will come from the thesis advisor). Further details could be found at our Scholarship Page (http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/Scholarship.html).
- TIGP regularly holds Travel Grant Award for encouraging students to join competitive global symposiums as well as Distinguished Lectures taught by academic and entrepreneurial masters, including Nobel Laureates.
- TIGP provides free Mandarin language courses at the entry level, as well as a fully-furnished and affordable dormitory, to facilitate first-year students’ quicker adaptation to local environments.
[How to Apply?]
- Application is entirely free of charge and should be completed through the “TIGP Online Application System” (https://tigp.apps.sinica.edu.tw/index.php) before February 1st 2020 (GMT+8).
- Application Requirements (Some requirements vary by program)
Bachelor and/or Master of Science Degree
English Proficiency (Tofel iBT 80, IELTS 5.5 or TOEIC 785)
GRE (General test & Subject test)
Academic Transcript (For coursework completed post high school)
Three Letters of Reference
Statement of Purpose
[International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP)]
TIGP@AS also periodically accept applications to funded International Internship Program which provides outstanding young scholars, who have interests to explore Ph.D studies, a great opportunity to see what Academia Sinica and TIGP@AS have to offer. During the 2~3 months internship, interns can come and stay in the on-campus dormitory in Taipei to experience Taiwan’s best research environment, to meet top-notch scientists and to utilize state-of-the-art research facilities. Applicants can apply through an on-line application system, which will be open three times a year for spring, summer and fall terms: https://tigpsip.apps.sinica.edu.tw/index.php
[FAQ & Contact]
Should you have any inquiries, please feel free to visit our website ( http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/), contact TIGP Office (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org), or the above 12 PhD programs you might be interested in. You are also welcomed to visit our Admissions FAQ Page (http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/Admissions_FAQ.html).