University of Leeds – Leeds International Summer School (LISS) 2018
Leeds International Summer School (LISS) offers you the opportunity to study at the University of Leeds and immerse yourself in British culture as part of an exciting four-week programme. Taking advantage of the vibrant, student friendly city of Leeds, and the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area, the summer school combines world-class tuition with local knowledge, academic-related field trips, and a wide variety of social activities. To get an idea of what the programme includes you can download a copy of the draft LISS schedule. A final schedule will be sent to registered participants before the start of the summer school. You can also read about previous students' experiences.
To be eligible for our summer school you should:
- have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or equivalent
- be enrolled at a university, or be a recent graduate
- meet our language requirements: non-native speakers of English are required to have IELTS 5.5 (5.5 overall with no component lower than 5.0) or TOEFL (iBT) 80 (80 overall, listening and reading: 18, speaking and writing: 19). Other equivalent language test scores may also be considered - please contact us for more details
How to apply
Step 1: Register
You must register online to complete the Leeds International Summer School (LISS) application form. We will use the email address that you register with to inform you of the outcome of your application.
Step 2: Complete the LISS application form
The final application deadline is 1 May 2018.
Completing the form
The system times out after 10 minutes of inactivity so please have your information and supporting documents ready. You should save your application regularly.
You must complete all fields that are marked as required; this includes uploading the following supporting documents:
- official transcript (in English) from your home university
- signed academic reference on university letter-headed paper (a statement from a member of University staff about you)
- supporting statement (outlining your reasons for applying to take part in LISS)
- copy of your English Language Certificate and scores (non-native speakers only from outside of Europe eg IELTS)
Once you have submitted your application form we will review it within two weeks and will contact you via email to inform you of the outcome of your application.
For detailed information, please visit the website: