Washington University in St. Louis
The International Summer Study program at Washington University in St. Louis is a 5-week program in which students enroll in two courses, learn about graduate and professional study in the United States, and explore American culture. The small classes and friendly campus provide an ideal introduction to American education. Students can learn more about the program by visiting: summerschool.wustl.edu/international.
Students will enjoy the following while part of the program:
- Earn six (6) units of credit in two summer courses. Subject areas include:
- American Politics & Culture
- Leadership & Innovation
- Pre-Medical Studies
- English & Communication
- Economics, Psychology, Anthropology, Music, and more.
- Engage w,th American culture by living in St. Louis.
- Visit world-class museums and institutions.
- Attend a professional baseball game, live musical theater, and music performances.
- Explore the largest urban park in the U.S.A – Forest Park.
- Find local shops, galleries, and festivals to see the uniqueness of our local residents.
- Live and play on the top-ranked college campus.
- Opportunities to connect with us.
- Engage with professors in small, interactive courses.
- Make new friends in the dorms, classes, and at events.
- Meet university leaders at various events on campus.
- Attend private tours of research labs, medical facilities, and tech hubs.
- Exchange ideas with entrepreneurs and innovators.
Applicants must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- Be a current undergraduate student.
- Have completed one year of study by July, 2017.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have English Language Test (ELT) results with:
- a minimum score of 90iBt on the TOEFL;
- a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS; or
- a minimum score of Level B2 on the CAE or CPE.
* Exemptions for ELT are possible for applicants who are native English speakers or are attending a university where English is the primary language of daily life and instruction.
Application, Admission Decision, and Scholarship Awards
The online application requires students to complete the following items:
- Applicant information
- Short essay
- Attach official university transcript
- Attach official ELT results (unless exempt)
* Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis and should take no more than 5-7 business days. We encourage Bogazici University students to apply as early as possible for consideration.
WUSTL offers Bogazici University students an extraordinary opportunity! One (1) Bogazici University student will receive a $2500 scholarship. In order to be evaluated for the scholarship, candidates must submit the following documents to the Office of International Relations at Boğaziçi University:
- Statement of Purpose (in English)
- Official transcript (if you are a transfer student, please include the transcript of your previous institution with your BOUN transcript)
- Curriculum Vitae
Please note that, if deemed necessary, students may be invited to interview.
The selected student will be nominated for the summer program. The student must complete the application process and accept admission to the program. The total program fee is $5395 for the nominated student.
Other Bogazici University students who complete the application will be considered for the remaining scholarships on a competitive basis. Within the online application, students will be prompted to complete an essay for scholarship consideration. Students who are awarded a partial program scholarship will have the total program fee reduced to $5395.