Yenching Academy of Peking University Full Fellowship Master's Program 2021
Application for the 2021 cohort of Yenching Scholars will be opened from August 15 to December 4, 2020. Candidates must submit all materials before 12:00 noon (Beijing time) on the deadline. Letters of recommendation must also be received by this deadline.
How to Apply
- There will be an internal application and selection process at Boğaziçi University for this program. Please submit all documents to Oyku Atasaral (email@example.com)
- Deadline for Application: 11 November 2020.
- Curriculum vitae / Resumé
- Personal statement
- Most recent official transcript(s)
- Two letters of recommendation
2021 Applicant Qualifications
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in any field; currently enrolled degree program awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
• An outstanding academic record;
• Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
• A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
• English proficiency
There is no strict age cut-off for applicants . Preference is given to candidates who are 28 years old or younger on August 15 in the year in which they wish to commence study. For students from countries where military service is mandatory, the age preference is 27 years old or younger.
• Yenching Academy online application (note that all students and alumni of Partner Universities are required to apply through their universities);
• Personal statement (750 words or less);
• Research proposal (maximum one page);
• Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
• Official transcript(s) ;
• Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment1 ;
• Two letters of recommendation: o Peking University will only accept recommendation letters written by full professors or associate professors (or equivalent titles).
• English proficiency demonstrated through one of the following scores2:
o IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
o TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
o Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
o CEFR: C1 level
o Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests, we will only accept scores sent directly to us from these organizations. Please choose “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the designated recipient of the scores. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488. Note that tests must be taken after September 01, 2019.
Native English speakers and students or alumni of an English-taught Bachelor’s degree program are not required to provide English proficiency test scores.
Please find brochure here!
Please click for application form
Please click for recommendation letter
Additional information can be found on the following website : http://yenchingacademy.pku.edu.cn/#